The one day bootcamp will help consolidate, and add to, the theory knowledge gained in lessons and will increase confidence in:
- Reading and writing pitch notation – scales, keys, chords and intervals (all treble clef)
- Reading and writing rhythmic notation
- Basic knowledge of performers, instruments and different genres of contemporary popular music.
During the Music Theory Bootcamp, students will:
- Complete at least 10 worksheets
- Play interactive games to increase theory knowledge
- Complete a MOCK Grade 1 paper
After attending the course, it is essential that 1 practice paper a week is completed. This will take around 40 mins and is to be completed at home. Once handed into reception at JJ's Arts Academy, the paper will be marked and returned with feedback.
The exam will be on Saturday 25th November at 10am. The date and time are non-negotiable as the whole country sits the exam at the same time.
This is a fully accredited course and looking to the future, the theory course goes all the way to Grade 8. Grade 5 is equivalent to a GCSE and Grade 8 is equivalent to an A Level. We have found that students who study this in line with their musical instrument lessons, gain a deeper understanding of music and learn to sight read, improvise and practice their pieces more effectively.
- Total Cost: £98 (One day bootcamp £40, Resources £20, Gr1 exam fee £38)
- Deposit: £40 by 21st July 2017, £58 by 14th August 2017
- Age: 8yrs upwards
- Places: 12 available
- Venue: JJ's Arts Academy
- Places are given on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information or to apply then please contact us using the form above or by phone on 01626 332 286