The Grade 8 Theory Bootcamp follows on from what was studied in the Grade 7 Bootcamp and looks into each subject in more depth:
- Reading and writing pitch notation – scales, keys, chords and intervals (all treble clef)
- Reading and writing rhythmic notation
- Basic knowledge of performers, instruments and different genres of contemporary popular music and the progression of music technology
- Harmonies and Writing chord progressions
- Transposing chord sequences and treble clef melodies
During the Music Theory Bootcamp students will:
- Complete at least 50 worksheets
- Research contemporary artists and writers and the progression of music technology
- Complete a MOCK Grade 8 paper at the end of the final day
After attending the course, it is essential that one practice paper a week is completed INCLUDING the essay requirement. This will take around 1.5 hours and is to be completed at home, then handed into reception at JJ's Arts Academy to be marked and returned with feedback.
It is essential that the student has retained the Grade 7 Theory knowledge before starting Grade 8.
Please be advised that JJ's has to be firm with the entrance requirements as this is a comprehensive course and one that requires commitment from the student as we are covering an A Level in three days tuition.
The exam will be in November 10am. The exam takes approx 2 hours to complete. The date and time are non-negotiable as the whole country sits the exam at the same time.
- Total Cost: £220 (3 day bootcamp £100, Resources £50, Gr8 exam fee £70)
- Deposit: £50 , £170
- Eligibility: Achieved Gr6 Theory as a minimum
- Places: 8 available
- Venue: JJ's Arts Academy
- Places are given on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information or to apply then please contact us using the form above or by phone on 01626 332 286